Biafran Colt of arm

Biafran Colt of arm
Biafra is my Right

Friday 26 June 2015

The Difference-August 25, 2008, Page 17



        THE DIFFERENCE MAN IN EUROPE QUITS BACHELORHOOD

                         THE DIFFERENCE AUGUST 25, 2008, PAGE 17 

                   Nnamdi Obodoechi, The Difference’s Contributing Writer in Europe, recently quit bachelorhood when he married his heart throb, Chiazom, in a colourful traditional ceremony in Ihiala, Anambra State. Here he tells the story of how they met and fell in love and projects into married life with the love of his life. Excerpts.

When and how they met

……….Answer: I met Chiazom in the precious and faithful year of 2001, when the Redeemed International Ministry (TRIM) Ihiala was having their Feast, according to God’s own tradition in Deuteronomy 16:16-17.
           When I approached her in a godly manner, she paid attention, but I did not emphasis what I wanted from her because nothing was on my mind, only that I saw her as my sister whose behaviour was worthy of emulation to other girls in the church, without minding that that she was not frequently coming to church then.

Whether it was love at first sight

………..At the first sight, it was really the true love of God that brought us closer. God knows the good and bad side of everything and saw that we are made for each other. The moment I set my eyes on her, something told me from the depth of my heart that both of us can make a good couple as faithful Isaac and his wife Rebecca did. I began praying, making an enquiry from God which God later approved.

………..Their decision to marry

……….My falling in love with Chiazom or Chiazom falling in love with me was the wish of Almighty God who initiated the true love on earth from the time of creation. Again, there are some characteristics in her which moved me to propose marriage to her, She places God first in her life because she knows that education plus beauty, minus God is vanity. She is gentle, meek, caring and  always alert in all her doings.

………..Why he came home to marry instead of marrying a foreigner in Europe to get resident permit as some others do

………..Yes, many people decide to dump their fiances due to one reason or the other. Sometimes, most fiances pushed men to the wall, waiting for their reaction. In most cases, many promises are made on both sides, but are not always kept.
………..Regarding the marrying foreign of women by our brothers abroad in order to have recognition, this is usually caused by the uncertainties most of them face in the foreign land. This pushes them to marry white women, which they see as the only solution to their problem. This kind of decision has favoured many but more people into second slavery.
………..I personally prefer asking God before doing things. Besides, it is good for one to follow his culture. I love and strongly believe in African culture and I believe that marrying Chiazom will enable me to enjoy it to the fullest.

………..Their expectations

………..We are looking forward to having a successful and satisfying marriage as we face and deal successfully with the challenges that all couples face. Love covers a multitude of sins. The love of Chiazom and mine will be one to be emulated and will spread far and wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment