Biafran Colt of arm

Biafran Colt of arm
Biafra is my Right

Thursday 25 June 2015

Special Interview "Biafra Comes Alive In Europe" By Nnamdi Obodoechi

SPECIAL INTERVIEW WITH GLOBAL STAR 
NEWS PAPER PAGE 4, VOL 1, NO 35, 2004 
GRANTED BY NNAMDI OBODOECHI
BY ISAAC UMUNNA, TITLED BIAFRA COMES ALIVE IN EUROPE

‘’Unknown to many people back home in Nigeria, Biafra is alive and well in Europe following the campaign of Pro-Biafra groups and individuals over there. One of such Biafran activists is Senior Elder Nnamdi Obodoechi who was a chieftain of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) in Nigeria until last April when he fled to Europe, claiming persecution by the Nigerian authorities in this exclusive online interview which he granted GLOBAL STAR, Obodoechi, variously known as Nwa Biafra (Child of Biafra) and Biafran Ambassador, gives an idea of what’s happening in Europe the Biafra Struggle.’’ Excerpts.
               
Q: GLOBAL STAR: Sir; can you please introduce yourself to our readers?


Answer: Obodoechi: Well, I am Senior Elder Nnamdi Obodoechi, also known as NwaBiafra. I hail from Ihiala in Ihiala local government area, Anambra State, Biafra.

Q: We understand that you were involved in the activities of MASSOB before you traveled to Europe. How true is this and what was the extent of your involvement?

Answer: Yes before I left Lagos, Nigeria, for Europe, I was full fledged member of MASSOB and I got my full share of police and government brutality. For, example, on Tuesday, April 18, 2000, by 11am to 12noon, men of the Nigeria mobile Police got 66 members of MASSOB arrested at Agboju Festac second gate Lagos State, Nigeria, and I happened to be one of them. As usual, we were having our normal peaceful rally, all crying for the independence or freedom of the oppressed Easterners, especially NdiIgbo in Nigeria. Nigeria as a country should not have been one nation bound in love and unity because they are of different ethnicities, religions, languages, and different cultures. As for the extent of my involvement, I was the Supervisor for welfare and later was promoted to commissioner for welfare, Surulere Province “A” under the leadership of Mr. Valentine Ohakposim, the Provincial Administrator.

Q: When exactly did you join MASSOB and what motivated you?

Answer: I joined MASSOB on December 10, 1999, under the divine revelation of Yahweh, the true leader of Biafra. Another reason that motivated me was the Igbo Massacre at Asaba during the war of genocide against Easterners by the Northerners / Nigeria, during which 500 men were buried alive, even as their parents watched helplessly. Another reason was the massacre of Easterners especially the Igbo, in the Northern parts of Nigeria and it worried my mind a lot.

Q: What has been your experience as a member of MASSOB? Do you have any regret, and why?
  
Answer:  Despite what I have suffered in the hands of the intolerant Nigerian security agents, I don’t have any regret, because our struggle for freedom is a divine one. As Moses fought for the freedom of the Israelites, so I am out to live and die for the redemption of the Biafrans citizens in Nigeria. I would rather die for Biafra than abandoning the good fight for freedom through non-violence and non-exodus, which is our motto.

Q: When did you leave for Europe and under what circumstances?

Answer: I left Nigeria for Europe in the Month of March 2004. I left because I’ve encountered many persecutions and tribulations in the campaign for Biafra’s autonomy. I’ve been arrested and thrown into prison several times and I was declared wanted by the recent regime.

Q: We understand that you’re regarded as one of Biafra’s ambassadors in Europe. Where exactly are you based in Europe?


Answer: My base in Europe has nothing to do with your question. Europe is not like Nigeria, where truth does not see the light of the day, while falsehood reigns and where citizens don’t have right to express their feelings. The important thing is that I am helping to keep agitation for Biafra’s autonomy alive here in Europe.


Q: What is the level of awareness of Biafra in Europe and how do people generally react to the Biafra struggle?

Answer: I can tell you that Biafra is alive in Europe, just like in other continents around the globe. The International community appreciates   our struggle because it understands the real meaning of freedom. Here in Europe, they don’t joke with freedom. For Instance, Macedonia is Greece has been giving its freedom. We have confident that the United Nations, which has been playing a great role in assisting Biafran refugees around the world, will soon move decisively to see that Biafra is granted independence. All Igbos want Biafra and the evidence could be seen from what happened on August 26, 2004, when they heeded MASSOB’s to stay at home in observance of the first Biafra Day.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment